The application is to include the following:
- complete registration form (printed, dated and signed; see Application Timeline and Forms section)
- motivation letter (one A4 page essay on the reasons for choosing medical studies)
- official college/university transcript of grades (in a sealed envelope),
- photocopy of a certificate of current MCAT/GAMSAT score,
- 1 – 3 letters of recommendation from college/university,
- curriculum vitae
- 1 passport photograph (NOTE: photographs in formats other than required will not be accepted).
NOTE: Only complete applications will be processed.
The registration form is to be filled out online, printed out, signed and mailed together with the rest of the above-listed documents to the address:
School of Medicine in English
Jagiellonian University Medical College
Faculty of Medicine
ul. św. Anny 12
Upon acceptance for admission an applicant is obliged to submit the following documents:
- a document confirming knowledge of English language provided that secondary education was conducted in a language other than English (does not apply to English native speakers and candidates who had completed secondary school education in English),
- health certificate (form available see below Application Timeline and Forms),
- photocopy of passport (page with photograph only)
- photocopy of both sides of dowód osobisty (Polish citizens only),
- immunization proof (form available see below Application Timeline and Forms),
- photocopy of a document certifying possession of insurance policy (health and accident insurance) valid for the period of study in Poland, or a photocopy of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (applies to candidates who do not hold Polish citizenship),
- an occupational medicine doctor’s medical certificate issued in Poland attesting lack of contraindications against undertaking studies (students may visit one of the doctors recommended by the University upon arrival to Krakow, the list available at the school office),
- photocopy of bachelor degree diploma (alternatively an official final university transcript will suffice for this requirement),
- 1 passport photograph (format: 37x52mm; NOTE: photographs in formats other than required will not be accepted),
- photocopy of the secondary school leaving certificate, or secondary qualifications certificate, or diploma of graduation from secondary school, entitling its holder to undertake higher education in the Republic of Poland, which also entitles its holder to apply for admission to programmes in medicine in the country of issue,
- certified translation into English or Polish of all submitted documents issued in a language other than English or Polish.
NOTE: All photocopies must be officially certified as true copies of the original. You can get your document certified at the school office.
Other recommended documents
It is also recommended to that each student brings a photocopy of birth certificate (applies to candidates who do not hold Polish citizenship).