Non-EU Nationals

Students must be covered by a valid health and accident insurance. Otherwise, students will have to cover all incurred medical costs. What is more, health insurance is required for the legalization of stay in Poland.

Non-EU students are advised to purchase a health insurance policy in their own countries before arrival to Poland. When obtaining an insurance, one needs to ensure that the chosen insurance plan does indeed cover Poland and that it is valid at least for the duration of the current academic year.

It is also possible to purchase:

Polish public health insurance
Detailed information can be obtained at:
Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia
Wydzial Obslugi Ubezpieczen
ul. Batorego 24
30-135 Krakow
Mon-Fri: 8:00 – 16:00
Infoline: (+4812) 9488



With a Polish public health insurance (NFZ insurance) students are entitled to get medical treatment at the any PPOZ in Kraków which has a contract with the NFZ.

NOTE: In order to be able to make use of the services of the University Hospital, PPOZ one needs to contact them and inform them of one’s will for the unit to be one’s primary healthcare provider. One needs to register at the unit for a visit every single time.

Polish private health insurance
Apart from the public medical care system, there is also a well-developed private sector offering individual medical insurance (e.g.: PZU, Warta, Compensa, Allianz, and others).

Wielkość fontu